Monday 19 November 2012

Soap and Glory Makeup

Boots strikes again!  Honestly, I need to avoid that shop as much as I can as I ALWAYS find things to buy in there, whether they are needed or not.

This time, I thought I'd take advantage of the 2 for 1 offer and try out some of the make up from the Soap and Glory makeup range.  As I'm more than a little obsessed with eye makeup the products I thought I would road test are:
 1. The Daily Double (All-day colour lidshadow and liner pencil) I got this product in two colours, the Velvet Pink/Brownie and Fresh Cream/Green Light.

I really like these double ended pencils, they are nice and chunky and the consistency of the product is smooth and once set doesn't shift.  I found that the lighter colour on both pencils works best with a little bit of nude eyeshadow brushed on top.  The colours can be blended but you have to move fast as once set the makeup is on until you wash it off.  I think that these pencils are perfect for everyday wear.
Top: Velvet Pink/Brownie
Bottom: Fresh Cream/Green Light
2. Arch de Triumph (Two step shaping & highlighting crayon for instantly beautiful brows), in  Taupe/Buff.

The darker shade on this double sided pencil (Soap and Glory do like their double sided pencils) has a chalky consistency that you can use to shape your eyebrows.  I have a small bald patch on one of my eyebrows because of childhood chicken pox and have to 'colour' my eyebrow in. This product is a little hard going to put on and scratches and pulls on your skin when you apply it.  Compared to the No.7 brow pencil that I currently use, the Soap and Glory pencil definitely takes longer to put on but, because of this you do have a little more control. It all depends on how much patience you have.

The highlighter on the other side of the pencil is a lovely shade and is really easy to blend and 'clean up' your brow.  It looks scary bright when you first put it on, but a little goes a long way and once blended it really merges with the skin so that your brows look freshly 'done'.

3. Lidstuff (4 shades of fabulous flawless-finish, super colour 8-hour wear eyeshadow), in What's Nude

Clockwise from top left: Vanilla, Pink T, Mudhoney and Aubersheen
This palette is the star product of all the bits I bought.  Although the packaging is a little too chunky for my liking and the lid feels like its going to break off, the eyeshadows themselves are lovely.  The texture is lovely and smooth and the pigments are really strong and perfect for a nude finish.  Apart from Aubersheen the eyeshadows are matt, which I really like as it means that when I wear this with liquid eyeliner I can get a really clean line.
Aubersheen, Mudhoney, Pink T and Vanilla
Overall, I'm really pleased with my buys so maybe I shouldn't be too annoyed with my Boots addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment