Saturday 17 November 2012

Review: Bourgois Queen Attitude Mascara and Khol Kajal

I had such high hopes for the new Bourgois Queen Attitude range, I bought the mascara and khol kajal eyeliner expecting dark strong pigments and good staying power.  Unfortunately this wasn't what I got.

1. Bourgois Queen Attitude Mascara in noir:  The main problem with this product is the brush, it hurts!  Now, I've been applying mascara for years with all sorts of different brushes and this is the first one where I can feel the bristles scratching my eyes.  Another issue is that the product itself is clumpy, something you don't expect from a newly opened mascara.  The colour itself is a nice true black, none of that grey finish that you sometimes get and the mascara did manage to hold up my eyelashes a little.  However the finish wasn't even and I found it quite awkward trying to get  mascara on the eyelashes on the outside edge of my eye (as you can see from the third picture below).


2. Bourgois Queen Attitude Khol Kajal Eyeliner: I think the packaging of this product is lovely, I like the old school Khol design and I had visions of it being like the khol eyeliners my mum used to use back in the 70's. However, this khol eyeliners is not highly pigmented, it smudges, won't set and the worse thing about it is that it melts.  I tried it on 2 days running and on both days I ended up with panda bear eyes. Unlike a lot of proper khol eyeliners this product has no staying power on your water line and rather than getting a good amount of colour on one sweep, you have to go back over your eyeliner a few times to get an almost satisfactory colour.  Such a let down!



Overall:
Upheld Promise: 1/5 - literally only because of the true black shade of the mascara.
Packaging: 4/5
Price: 0/5
Effectiveness: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment