Monday 12 November 2012

November Boots Haul

Boots is such a dangerous shop for me to go into that I try not to go in unless I know that I have things to buy.  The amount of times I've gone into a store to buy a bottle of water and come out with £50 worth of shopping is crazy.

For this trip I needed to get some hair dye and some deodorant and £48.87 later I left with a lot more than what was needed! Oops, I blame their Multi-Save offers which always draw me in like a magnet, this time it was buy 1 and get one half price!
1. Garnier Olia Permanent Hair Colour in 4.15 Iced Chocolate - £6.99
The advert for this hair dye is annoying, so long and it seems to be on the TV all the time.  However, I have to say that this hair dye is amazing.  I bought it in 3.0 Soft Black last time and the colour was a little too dark for me, however my hair feels amazing and I've had loads of compliments on how healthy it looks.  The dye has natural flower oils in it as well as the usual dye bumpf, however it doesn't have any ammonia in it and covers my nasty greys really well.  The conditioner that comes with the hair dye is really nice as well and there is enough for at least 3/4 applications.

I went for a lighter shade this time and look forward to seeing the results.

2. TRESemme Texture Style Tousled Wave Spray - £5.50
This product is meant to create high definition waves in an random and undone way!  I've seen a few blog posts about this new TRESemme texture range and most of the feedback has been positive so I'm looking forward to giving this a go.

3. Rimmel Glam Eyes Eyeshadow in 100 Glam Ice - £4.49
I bought this to replace a similar eye shadow from Maybelline which doesn't appear to be available anymore. The colour I chose is a slightly shimmery off white and I use this on my brow to help define my brow line a little.  I always mix it with a nude eye shadow to make sure that it doesn't look clowny!

4. Maybelline New York Fit Me! in 220 Natural Beige - £7.19
This is Maybelline's first foray into the world of gel foundations.  I'm a big fan of gel foundations after trying Bourjois' Healthy Mix Serum Foundation, they tend to glide on a lot easier and have a more natural finish.  The only thing is that you have to wait for the foundation to set for a short minute, but I don't find this to be a problem as it gives me time to spread it really thinly.  The packaging for the Fit Me! foundation is much nicer than the Bourjois version which started to leak all over the place and is annoying as you get bits of foundation everywhere.  The actual foundation feels very light on, blends in like a dream and the finish is very natural.

5 + 6. Bourjois Queen Attitude Mascara in Noir - £9.49 Khol Kajal - £6.99
The mascara is a volumising and lengthening mascara with a brush that is supposed to help you get a good sideways sweep..  I haven't used Bourjois mascaras for a while as I really love the Maybelline Volum' Express Lift-Up Volume & Lift Mascara which gives my eyelashes a really good lift, however I saw this new Bourjois mascara and thought it was worth a punt. First impressions are OK, I like the effect it gives me but disappointed that the brush collects a splodge of mascara at the end which means that you have to be careful how you apply it.  The Maybelline brush is definitely better suited to my eyelashes which are quite long and thick but straight.

The Khol Kajal is a very soft, paraben free eyeliner.  Its great for a soft smudgy finish.  I like the 'retro' design and found the kajal really easy to apply.  The only downside is that it doesn't seem to 'set' so you might need to be careful about it smudging too much or melting.




7. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium 3 - £4.19
I don't think that I need to say much about this product.  The concealer is amazing.  The only issue I have is that I think that they need to bring out more shades for darker skin as it only comes in 4 colours and we all know that's just not enough to cater for everyone.

8. Maybelline New York Color Sensational in 540 Hollywood Red - £7.19
Now, this isn't a red lipstick as the name suggests, instead its a warm pink with a slight red tone that I love.  The colour is true and doesn't smudge or bleed which is always a bonus.


9. Sure Long Lasting Protection in Linen Dry - £3.29
I only got this because it was half price (£1.64), no other reason at all!

10. Boots False Lashes in Natural Fan - £4.00
I'm lucky enough not to need false eyelashes as mine are pretty long and abundant.  However, we have a 20's themed birthday party coming up and I figured these would work perfectly with my costume. I'm a bit nervous about putting them on as the idea of putting glue near my eye worries me, but as women up and down the country are doing it I'm sure that I will be fine :)

What do you think of the products above?

Are there any that you love or hate?

*prices as at Boots on 12th November 2012 before discounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment