Tuesday 23 October 2012

Glossybox v JolieBox

I signed up for a 3 month subscription with JolieBox which as you may know was bought by the US beauty box giant Birchbox recently.  I decided to go for the JolieBox as I wanted to compare their offerings to the Glossybox which I have been receiving for over half a year now and have had mix results with.  First impressions of the October JolieBox were positive overall.  The box itself is a little smaller than the Glossybox and comes with a nice little bag to hold everything together which is quite cute.  The box also has a menu which lists everything in the box and also includes loads of offers to JolieBox subscribers and a little magazine which is nice.

The October JolieBox has a Pure and Natural theme and contained:


1. Jason Bee Healthier Lip Balm Stick - initially, I wasn't too excited about this, but when I took of the lid and smelled the product I was pretty much won over, the lip balm smells lovely and minty, which for me is a bonus as I can't stand sweet smells.  The lipbalm itself is not too sticky and in fact feels dry when you first put  it on, however, I liked the tingly feeling I got on my lips and I like the fact that it wasn't gloopy like some lip balms.  I'm looking forward to using this in the winter months.

2. Ritessens Exfoliating Cream - a creamy face scrub with really fine grains to help exfoliate your face.  This is recommended for daily use and I think it will be fine for this as the scrub is quite delicate when you compare it to some other scrubs.  The smell is lovely and rich - very spa like.

3. LOV is Beautiful Organic Tea - a herbal tea with white and green tea with mango, pineapple and apricot.  I love this tea, it smells amazing and my sister and I are totally addicted and can't wait to buy some more.  The JolieBox came with a free shipping voucher so will definitely make use of this.  To top things off the tea also has proven skincare benefits according to the spiel on the JolieBox menu so all boxes are ticked :)

4. MOA The Green Balm - a multi-purpose balm which I guess I will use in the same way that I use Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream, i.e. on lips, elbows, feet, knees(!).  A nice travel sized pot which will fit comfortably in my handbag and will be useful for the winter months.

5. Iroisie Ultimate BB Cream - I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but as I love BB creams on the whole I'm looking forward to trying this.

6. Wen Cleansing Conditioner - I haven't heard about Wen before and on taking the plastic cover off the tube was hit with a minty smell, so far so good.  Will use this when I next wash my hair and will Tweet what I think.  The Conditioner can either be used as an intensive conditioner or as a leave in conditioner for the ends of your hair.  Again, as with a lot of the products in the October JolieBox I think this could be perfect for the coming winter months.

7. Twistband Hair Tie - I've read about these on various blogs and look forward to trying it out.  I think to be honest I will probably use it to put my hair up for when I go to bed as I'm not sure that I like the look of it enough to go out with it.

8. Nailgirls Silver Nail Polish - a vegan friendly nail polish, the silver shade that I received is nice, the colour I achieved with one coat was pretty good.

In summary, I was quite impressed with the JolieBox, I got a quite a lot for my tenner and most of the products are ones that I would use and l don't think much will get wasted.  I will see how the 3 month subscription pans out and see whether its worth keeping one or both my JolieBox and Glossybox subscriptions.

JolieBox - http://joliebox.co.uk/
Glossybox - http://www.glossybox.co.uk/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment