Saturday 28 July 2012

Review: River Cottage Veg Every Day! By Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

I bought my copy of River Cottage Veg Every Day! from Sainsbury's. Now I'll admit that I collect cookbooks, I find them relaxing to go through and like to take on ideas to experiment with for my own dishes. I particularly like my cookbooks to be in hardback with lovely glossy paper, lovely pictures and a little ribbon to mark my favourite recipe. I can't help it, I'm a cookbook magpie, the shinier the better!

River Cottage Veg Every Day ticks all the boxes, and has some luscious vegetarian recipes, dishes that don't call out for a bit of meat on the side. The book is also full of tips and isn't hard to follow which makes it all the better. There is nothing worse then having a recipe that reads like a chemistry lesson!

So far I've only had a chance to make one of the dishes in the book and I found it to be an easy and straightforward task. I especially liked the way Hugh advises on making rice, so much easier and practically foolproof. I made the biriyani and I can confirm that it was a hit with the family.


All in all the book is great and at the Sainsbury's price of £10.99 you can't go wrong. I am already on planning to get a copy for a friend as a housewarming gift and I'm 99.9% sure she is going to like it as much as I do

The book is available in most good bookstores and of course Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment