Thursday 12 July 2012

Philosophy, I've Been Won Over

I quite happily admit that I'm a fickle person, throughout my life I've been jumping from one skin care range to the next, from one shiny pretty bottle to the next shiny pretty bottle.


I've been wearing Philosophy Inner Grace perfume for many years but I had shied away from the skincare range for one reason or another.  However, this changed a few months ago when I asked my friend to bring back a bottle of Purity a also a bottle of Miracle Worker from the US when she went over for a holiday.  I had always wanted to try the range but thought it was was too expensive.  However, as the range is cheaper in the USA I thought that this was the perfect time to give it a try.


Purity is a facial skin cleanser and it is amazing!  I have used many, many cleansers over the years and this one safely comes up trumps.  You only need a small amount and all your make up (including eye make-up) is swept off without that tight feeling afterwards.  My skin has also cleared up and is looking much better. The smell is a little clinical but not unpleasant.  I don't think that the price is too bad at £17.50 for a 240ml bottle, especially as a little really does go a long way. 
purity made simple
Miracle Worker is a brightener and dark spot correcter.  It is expensive (£52 for 30ml in the UK), however, again I have been really impressed with this product.  It does have a strange smell but a small amount on my face before I go to bed has worked wonders on my complexion.  I have quite a few acne scars on my face from adult onset acne and my hideous habit of picking my spots, Miracle Worker has smoothed these out and I'm finding that I don't have to wear as much foundation any more and in fact on most days tinted moisturiser is fine.  This hasn't been the case since my early twenties!!
miracle worker
Philosophy is available from Selfridges, Liberty, John Lewis and a few other department stores as well as online at www.philosophyskincare.co.uk if you can't get a friend to bring it over from the USA for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment