Wednesday 25 July 2012

GlossyBox: To Be or Not To Be?

I was very excited last night to recieve my July GlossyBox (www.glossybox.co.uk), I signed up a few months ago as it seemed like a brilliant idea, you pay a monthly fee of £10 plus postage and packing and you get a lovely box filled with 5 new products that you can try out.  GlossyBox ask to to fill in a questionnaire which basically builds a beauty profile and this is what they use to decide what products to send you.

Great idea right?  Well it would be if only GlossyBox paid attention to the beauty profile.   My first GlossyBox was amazing, all the products were great and were ones that I would be happy to try out.  Now I recognise that this can't be the case all the time but I do expect a certain percentage of 'good' in each box.  The last few GlossyBoxs I've recieved have been OK although I was a little annoyed at last month's Vichy Dermablend sample as it was just literally a dab of 6 different shades, 4 of which are of no use to me at all as I'm Indian and the colours were just too light. I was hoping that this was a one off issue, however I realise with my July box that isn't the case at all.
July GlossyBox
In this month's GlossyBox I recieved:
  1. HD Brows Eye & Brow Palette - in Bombshell (I have Indian dark brown/black hair)
  2. Clynol Salon Enrich Colour Shampoo which looks really good.
  3. Monu Golden Glow (which apparently provides a natural looking tan - again no use to me as I am Indian and have light brown skin anyway),
  4. Jelly Pong Pong Lip Frosting, I'm excited about this one.
  5. Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Lotion SPF 15 which also looks really good.
So, out of the 5 items I recieved, 2 aren't quite right.  I mean the colours in the HD Brows palette are nice and neutral so I probably could use them.  However, the issue here is that it doesn't look like GlossyBox is paying attention to people's beauty profiles, which, in turn makes me wonder why we were asked to complete them in the first place!

Come on GlossyBox, sort it out!  A bit of care and attention would go a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment